Darjeeling Ride Statistics

While on our ride Rana and I used different apps to record our activities. I used Strava. Rana used Map My Run. Here are the screen shots and links which will give you some idea about what to expect in terms of gradient and time. Before analysing remember the following things

Rana is a more accomplished and younger rider than me. So his statistics and mine are not comparable. You decide where you stand and estimate your times accordingly. Also, my Strava possibly stopped working temporarily on the Kurseong to Ghum section resulting in ridiculously wrong data. So don't bank on that.

You might find differences in our elevation gain between Rana and my records. There might be two possible explanations for this - A. the two apps use different technologies to estimate time, distance and elevation. B. We might have started and switched off the app at different places and not exactly from the same spot.

Whatever the case may be - these statistics are meant to help you arrive at a rough estimate, if you ever consider doing this trip.







Here are the links to my Strava ride statistics


The Kurseong to Ghum section is evidently not correct 




Covers Only Ghum To Darjeeling - One Way






The Last Ride Together


No comments:

Post a Comment